Amazing There is no Honor Among Thieves
Man, I tell you, trying to start your own little internet world is just one big old headache. Anyhow I had always thought that there would be maybe one or two people out there that would try to cheat the system. Ok, I was wrong. There are MANY people out there that are trying to cheat the system. I’ll give you an example (this is very important if you are trying to create traffic to your site like me) :
- You set up an account for reciprocal links.
- People request that you trade links with them.
- You set up a link to their site on you “links” page.
- They set up a link to your site on a page that has no access.
- Huh? WTF????
So now you have a link to a site, that has no back link to you, even though there is a page out there with your link on it, just no one can ever see it. Actually, I am madder at myself for falling for this stupid trick. This type of crap has been going on for years. I believe in ‘honor among thieves’. I have this site set up to get your money, but I am honest about it. I am starting to worry that honesty doesn’t pay.
So I think I am quite done with these nimrods. And even the ones that did place me never gave me more that 1-2 hits a week. So forget that. What has generated the most traffic for me so far has been the blogs and news sites. So if you have a site, need the traffic, try posting up a blog or something with dynamic content. This means that every time someone comes to your site, there will be something new and different. This ensures that people will be coming back for more. So if you set up some blog with some useful information (in this instance, the do’s and don’ts of creating web traffic for little money), then you can post these pages to popular sites, and get traffic off of them.
Now I have done some searching and found one or two sites that you could use as targets to build some interest in your site. Here is one: http://www.technorati.com/pop/blogs/ it has a listing of the Top 100 blogs. So that’s a good starting point. Also if you have some exclusive content (stuff which noone else has) post it up on your blog for something that people will have to go to you to see. But try and make it interesting and not just a copy of something someone else has done...
Eventually, people will begin to notice the rest of your site and some money will be made. Just don’t expect any luck like that “milliondollarhomepage” guy had. I would have to say that was complete luck that he had. But we can all dream, can’t we?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home