Thursday, June 1, 2006

Poor Little Old Me

Well another day of posting and not much more success. I think that there are many web sites out there that get this kind of reaction. They get all excited when the initial flow of people come in, but then, it slowly tapers off. So it almost ends up like you are sitting there just twittling your thumbs. So I have gone back to the other items that I am working on. Of course the Jedi items that I have been advertising on the site are about 45% done. I really cannot wait for that to finish. (I figure the lawsuits should be right afterwards)

One thing I have noticed is that I really think I should redesign the site. I mean top to bottom. I have been looking at other sites, and I ‘m just going: “Damn, I really think mine should flow like that and that.” Again, I think there are many other newbies out there that are probably thinking the same thing. So Like I mentioned in an earlier post, it’s an on-going process. Of course, there is a lot of disheartening things that you see when you look at the statistics of your site, and you are pretty far down there… Here’s just a few:

This is my AdSense statement


Well, I guess it’s time to quit my day job and rake in all that cash!!

Here is the traffic statement according to statcounter

Wow! More people than even Google can handle!! How do I do it!!??

Here is the current ranking of Jakkar.com according to technorati

I’m #1,034,570!! I’m #1,034,570!! So in your face folks!!

Well depressed enough yet? You should be. And there is a good chance that you may find yourself in the same spot as me. And this is fine. I know it doesn’t look like it, but it is. The actual number of sites that are overnight successes are about one in, well my ranking! So you just have to kick back and wait. But I realize that this is not a complete loss. Like anything worthwhile, it will take more time. I’ve only been at this for about 2 months, so I am still the newbie at this game. But there is more hope to throw at you. Ok, you have a site set up and you are in pretty much the same spot I just showed you. No money coming in, little traffic, few return people (Except Jimbo, that guy comes in on almost a daily basis, gotta love the dude.) So site suicide becomes more and more attractive. So when the going gets tough, get reading!

Yup, that's right. Read, study, research. I never said that this was easy. Anyhow, I got out the trusty old , and started searching. From there I found more places to look. And then "jackpot"!! This guy's site is just what the doctor ordered. You probably heard of him, but in case you haven't it's . It's pretty much a site that goes: "Ok, you want to build a blog that brings in the money". And he goes off from there. So for at least a month or two I will treat his archives as a bible. Gotta read em. Of course during this time, I will also start to work on the Jedi part (uhh, is anyone paying attention here??), and also the overall site redesign needs to be done. I have yet to really pursue the money aspect of websites. this is due to the main fact that: if noone is there to see your site, there is no money to worry about.

However, there many tips out there and for free as to how to get your site traffic built up and going. (I know I had originally planned for this site to be a site for tips on how to get traffic into your site, but it seems more like a site for newbies, who wish to see someone else hit all the brick walls and learn from their mistakes.) What I promise to do is to look over many of these tips and continue to compile them here for your easy access. I know many of these sites are great, however their content can be spread out somewhat. So this will make it easier for you to learn without having to run around for yourself. If any of this helps anyone, please let me know. An email wouldn't hurt->

It would be a decent goal to try and increase the traffic of this site by 20% by the end of June. {{Fingers crossed people}}




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home