Friday, July 28, 2006

Hacking away

Hmm, I guess I should of expected this at one time or another but it still hits you when you see it. Ok, lets go over this real quick: First, jakkar.com is a "web site" {duhh} so, what else resides on the web? That's right, . So while I was looking through some logs I found out how some of the people were getting to my site. Very interesting. Now like the name states "Jakkar.com: The New Kid in Town" I am new to half of this kind of crap. So I have little to no idea as what exactly these people were trying out. I hope that maybe some of you guys could help me out here.

- Weird hack #1
- Weird hack #2


The two links mentioned above seem to be able to go through my site, and do a number of things (I think) So Help us newbies out here! If you know what these things are and what they are trying to do, post a response here and let all the newbies out there know:
- what these exactly are.
- what to do about it.

In all honesty, newbies who are not technologically savvy have absolutely no idea as to what these are. I have seen one or two at my site that could use my mail server to generate () email to anybody they wanted to. So I knew that sucked. But there are so many different types of threats that any newbie needs to be on the lookout for.

Again, if you have any idea about these types of things, please post a response to this post.
Thanks.




2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have seen something like this before, they use this to map your site, and then they can upload files and hijack your server.

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's about right. Think of those as hijack utilities that allow the attacker to access, edit and read files and scripts that would normally be unaccessable.

First off, you need to remove those links. :) You're letting people know about them and they can access your site through them. Secondly, contact someone who works on code and have them see what those are, so they can fix the exploits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home