10 ways to keep the initiative
Ok, So you've been watching me, and probably laughing your butt off. But how many of you have ever wondered: "Uhh, why is he doing it?" Obviously, I am not making a killing off of the site. I think I have made a total of $3.20. And it's not the popularity that I get. (Ranked #637,031 at Technorati ) So, why the heck am I doing this!?? Good question... The honest to goodness reason is that I do want the popularity, and the money. But also I like to write a lot. So thank God that there is that reason too. Because, if I only had the money and the fame incentives, I would be screwed by now. So there is one of the major factors that come into play when trying to stay "with it". If you like what you are doing, your job will be much easier than trying to do something that you do not like deep-down. Well let's say we look at some of the signs that you are starting to falter in your goal of running a successful (we hope) web site:
#1) "Aww, do I have to work on my site!??"
A: Yeah, this is a sure sign that you are starting to falter on your site. It almost becomes a chore and there is nothing worse than doing a chore. This is usually why most diets and workout regiments fail after a while. If you can remind yourself the reasons why you have a web site, and what your goals are, then you should get some motivation to continue.
Remember, it is always harder to start a project than to finish it. Once you are working on it, the work comes much easier to accept. Just try not to think of it as work. Think of it as just a step in your goal to become world famous and filthy rich! ( Yes, we know that these are lies, but lies are good in this instance. They give you hope that maybe they won't be lies.)
#2) "I am getting nowhere! No one cares! Why should I bother!?"
A: Yeah, good question. "Why should you bother?" If you really feel that way, I say "Go ahead and quit." The only problem is that you will never know what might of happened had you kept it up. This is the main reason why I am still here. As far as I know, no one ever reads half of the stuff that I post. But I know that if I stop now, I will never make it. It pretty much goes with the old saying: quitters never win.
Each day that I look at my site and see the miserable statistics that come up, I feel the same way. "My God! why the heck am I wasting my time!?" But I know that eventually this hard work will pay off. People will eventually start coming around and staying. As a matter of fact, I already have 3 or so regular visitors. (Ok, Jimbo not included) But if I quit, I will never get any more people, and my goal falls flat on it's face. If you keep trying, they will come, slowly but surely.
#3)" I just really don't have the time for this!"
A: Ok, who's to argue with that? It can be very stressful trying to not only keep up with a busy schedule, but to also have to set aside time to work on your little "hobby". Believe me, I know been there, done th-, wait, I'm still doing it! Yeah, between work, family, school, there is just no time to do this. However, here I am putting aside a little bit of time each day devoted to the site.
If you really want to keep at it, set aside a period of time to work on the site. This could be a few minutes a day, an hour or so a week. It doesn't have to be much, but as long as you stick to it, you will get the job done. And when you do have some extra time, then you can use that to either make big adjustments, or do whatever maintenance work you have been meaning to do. Believe it or not, even the smallest bit of effort is appreciated by the viewers of your site.
#4) "Everyone tells me that it's just a waste of time."
A: "Everyone else tells me that jumping off a cliff is fun!" Just because they say it's a waste of time, doesn't mean that it is. You are the only one who can determine that. So think about it, if you still believe in your goals, then do not worry about what everyone else thinks.
Note: This is advice is void if your goal is to promote a child-porn site that features neo-nazi circus midgets and a bin laden look-alike trying to hook up electrodes to a shaved monkey. Then yes, it IS a waste of time. you should quit and get help. Trust Jakkar.
#5) "ARGHH!! Writer's/ Creative Block!! Help!"
A: Ohh, this is a tough one. Having a block of the creative juices can be one of the worst things in the world. Personally, whenever I get a block like that; I cheat. That's right, find some really good stuff and copy off of them. It's not yours, but you were creative enough to steal it for your own. Hey! I never said these were great tips. But if you don't want to get sued, then you can try the next best thing. Look around. See what else is out there. If you don't copy their ideas word for word, at least get inspired by what they have. And after awhile, you should be able to come up with more ideas on your own. Trust Jakkar.
#6) "I'm looking for inspiration. What motivates you?"
A: Me!? wow, gee, I never really thought of that... Hmm let me think.. I would have to say what motivates me the most is the thought of the thousands of women that come here daily who want my body, and are willing to give me money. They haven't said this officially, but I know that they want me.. trust Jakkar. If you are one of these women, please send your photo to me:
JAKKAR, I WANT YOUR BOD!!
Other than that, I would like to be known as the voice of the "newbie" so whenever someone says, "hmm how do I do this for my site?" They think of me. It's a hope I have..
#7) "I can't type as much as some of you guys out there! And what i do write isn't interesting!"
A: No one said that you have to have a blog site, where all you do is type. You can have a site that is not so much your writing, but perhaps your art, or links to other place on the web that you find interesting or photos (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). As long as you keep the site fresh with new material, the site will have people looking. Trust Jakkar.
As time goes by, you will fine-tune your site into something that people will want to visit. Again, trust Jakkar.
#8) "Do I really have to read all 10 of you F$%@#ing motivational ideas!??"
A: Err,.. uhh, no, not if you don't want to. But let's turn your 'question' into something that we can motivate!! How about "I keep getting emails about my site that says it sucks" Ok, if this is the case then I would treat it as I did #4. It's what other people think. Screw them, trust Jakkar.
#9) "I'm so far behind, I'll never get caught up!"
A: Behind according to who? Isn't it your site? It's up to you as to how far beind you are. So catch up at your own pace. It's a lot better than just dropping the whole thing because you got behind. If you give up, then you will never catch up. Again, Trust Jakkar.
#10) " Will I really have beautiful women wanting my bod if I do as you said?"
A: Of course. Everyone knows that the top, hot fashion models always go for the geeky guy locked in a basement working a web page at 1am. Follow what I say and you will have to beat the playmates off of you with a stick!
-Trust Jakkar.
P.S. if you are a woman, just replace the "women", "playmate" with "Stud" and "Hunk"
here are some links : motivation 1
motivation 2

1 Comments:
Funny. I guess you could call them inspirational. Let me know if you get any playmates.
Post a Comment
<< Home