Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Blogger -vs- Wordpress

Google's Blogger -vs- Wordpress
Ok, this post is pretty strictly for newbies who are trying to set up a blog. For the past several months I have been running Jakkar.com with one authoring tool or another. I have used Notepad, , Wordpad, MS Word, and so on. However, for the actual content of the blog section of this site, I have consistently used for editing, creation, and maintenance. Now I won't state that it's been a complete pain in the butt to work with. But there have been more than once where I have stated that I wished was able to do this or that. So from there, I have looked around to see what other people were using, and one of the bigger names was . So I've decided to do a comparison of the two blog authoring tools.


BLOGGER -vs- WordPress

- getting started:

With Blogger it is as simple as creating a web user account. That's about it. once you create your Blogger account, you can either have Blogger create a space for you, such as yourname.blogspot.com or if you already have a . Then you can have Blogger post out to there by simply telling Blogger your site name and what page you want to use. After that, all you have to do is log into blogger, create your "blog" and start writing content within their online application. [Rating: 8/10]

With Wordpress
Pros
  • Free to use for both personal and commercial sites.
  • Great built-in features such as preview, categories, blogrolls, etc.
  • Highly extendible and customizable through plugins and template editors.
  • Instant updates without the need to 'rebuild'.
  • Continuous development by open source community.
Cons
  • Current Rich Text Editor needs to be improved in functionality and use.
  • Requires some technical knowledge in order to install and run the program.
  • Susceptible to comment and trackback spamming.
Read:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home