Some Blogging tools reviewed
Ok, this post is pretty strictly for newbies who are trying to set up a blog. For the past several months I have been running Jakkar.com with one authoring tool or another. I have used Notepad, Eclipse, Wordpad, MS Word, and so on. However, for the actual content of the blog section of this site, I have consistently used Google's Blogger for editing, creation, and maintenance. Now I won't state that it's been a complete pain in the butt to work with.
But there have been more than once where I have stated that I wished Blogger was able to do this or that. So from there, I have looked around to see what other people were using, and one of the bigger names was Wordpress. Also there are several other tools out there such as: Typepad, Yahoo 360, and MSN Spaces. So I've decided to do some comparison research of the blog authoring tools that are out there. I thought it would give you guys some stuff to look over, just in case you are wondering about which tool to use when it comes to blogging. So I thought that this would help.
Here are some nice articles of the popular blogging tools that are out there. So if you are trying to figure out which way to go in order to help you build a blog, check this out, and hopefully you may get some ideas of which to go with.
Your own personal soapbox: five blogger services reviewed - Internet
And here is another one of two of the more popular tools out there that people use to generate and maintain their blogs. Personally, I liked this article, not technical, just plain, common sense.
Comparison of WordPress and TypePad by someone who has used both extensively for over a year
Now here is one more article that deals with blogging tools and it does have a habit of being slightly more technical than I perfer for newbies. However, I really think that this is a good article to go over and get some ideas of what is out there.
d2r: A review of blogging APIs

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home