Still Here, Still Alive
Well, this has been an interesting bit of time. I have been running around so busy lately that I have no freaking idea which way is up or down. To be honest, I didn't even go to the site to see how things were because I figured that no one would even be remotely interested anyhow. Of course, I was proven wrong yet again. I see that I still have people visiting me on a faithful basis. (Of course Jimbo is always visiting. Dude, we really have to set up a column for you in here.)
First the good news. I have finally got my Master's degree in MSCIS (Master of Science in Computer Information Science) So that means that that section of time is now freed up. Of course there is about 5,000 other things that have been lined up behind that I should be working on, so yet again I am behind. (At this rate, I'll never finish my novel!) But enough about my little victory over the pursuit of knowledge, and a $20,000 student loan. Let's get into some new infor for your newbies out there!
First, I was looking around for anything that would be of use to you people who are trying to get your site noticed, and I found some articles that list some very good places that you probably should look into in order to get some traffic into your site.
http://www.nytimes.com/ref/technology/blogs_101.html
NY Times Blogs 101
This site list a lot of sites out there that are constantly looking for new sites and listing popular ones. I like to try and hit as many of these as possiable, you never know who will hook you up with a lot of hits..
The next link is more of an informative link than anything else. You know that there are millions of sites out there, but just how bad is it? Well, you'd be surprised to find out just how many people there are out there that are trying to do the exact same thing as you..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4737671.stm
BBC One blog made every second.
Wow! that's a crap-load of sites to go through, and out of those millions of personal sites that are created every minute, who are the top dogs? who are the ones that stand a good foot above the rest? Well, here's the answer.
http://truthlaidbear.com/TrafficRanking.php
The Truth Laid Bare - The top (blog) sites of all time.
What blew me away is that one of my fav's (Fark.com) is the #1 out there. Not bad at all

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home