MPAA pulls the plug on Isohunt.com
Well, it seems like the MPAA are probably high-fiving each other out there. It seems that under pressure from the MPAA, isohunt's isp service provider had to shut down business for awhile till things get straightened out. As posted on their site isohunt.com :
"Lawyers from our primary ISP decided to pull our plug without any advance notice, as of 14:45 PST. No doubt related to our lawsuit brought by the MPAA, but we don't have more information at this time until people responsible comes to work tomorrow. We will be back in operation once we sort out this mess with our ISP, or we get new hardware ready from our new ISP."
It just goes to show that the movie industry will do anything to conserve their bucks. One would think that maybe considering the fact that the price of movie tickets constantly going up along with the "wonderful" quality of the slock that they ship out, they might get the hint as to why people have a need for places like isohunt.com, or torrentreactor, and of course The Pirate Bay.
I mean it gets harder and hard to justify $10 on a movie that 15 years ago would be considered absolute crap. But I guess it all comes down to what is legal and who has the money.
But in all fairness to MPAA, some of the places like isohunt are just asking for it. and while it may not be their fault that they became so popular, but it's that self same popularity that placed a big assed target on their back for the MPAA to go after. Any what is funny is even though isohunt was one of the major stops for P2P, there are probably at least 30,000 other smaller sites that are out there doing the same thing, but because of their size, they can still slip under the radar. (Hmm, that's a lot like this site!!)
Personally, I find it somewhat amusing that the service provider's lawyers felt obligated to pull the plug on them, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.. And what sucks the most is that I regularly visited isohunt in orger to get my daily fix of comic books (which if I liked, I would end up buying!). Oh well, I hoep that isohunt gets back up and running again soon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home