chris benoit,paris hilton, iphone have nothing to do with this.
Here is an idea that is not exactly new, but it is worth a try. A year or so ago there was a story about how keywords in Digg could generate many hits from users in a very short period of time. The original story is here: top 422 digg com attention grabbing words.
I will be counting the amount of diggs this story receives and compare it to what Jakkar.com stories normally get from Digg.com. By the next day, I will post the results.
This story is similar, I have gone through the web and researched several websites and found out what the top "tag clouds" were. Tag clouds, if you were not aware are listings of popular search words that people use during the day. The clouds have more popular search words in larger fonts to show popularity.
I used the tag clouds from NY Times, Technorati, Yahoo, and some other ones and merged only the top words. (You would not believe how many were porn related. on second hand, maybe you would believe it.) Since the goal of Jakkar.com is to help newbies come up with ways to get people into their site, I took it upon myself to give this a try. Now of course there is a difference between trying this experiment once and abusing it. So if you want to try it, I would HIGHLY recommend that you honestly have something relevant to whatever tag you use.
Below are the actual tag-cloud words that topped the list. These have the links to Technorati so it will show up on that sites searches as well. if you are going to use this type of story or content for your site, make sure you have a better headline than my title. I think that most "Diggers" will get confused by it, and leave it alone.
Argentina Blogroll China current-events Facebook Futbol Hardware Immigration
iPhone iPod IT LA Laptops MEXICO my-life Naked Open-source paris-hilton PC Peru
Shopping Tecnologia united-states USA VS web-20 wordpress xbox-360 Yahoo
Update: Well, I let this run form 24 hours and the results are as follows.
- Running a story without these tags: hits= 12, Diggs = 3.
- Running a story with these tags: hits= 13, Diggs = 2.
Well there you have it. No one gives a flying fuck as to whether or not I use tag or if I even exist. So I will now talk about the new site out there that lets you get full-length porn movies for free. and it's all sex with animal movies!!
Labels: chris benoit, iphone, paris hilton, porn

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home